At Townhead Surgery we have our own award-winning well-stocked Dispensary
on-site which can quickly and easily prepare your medication for you by fully-qualified Dispensers.
What are the benefits for you?
- Our Dispensary is open from 8.30am – 5.30pm every day – whenever the surgery is open.
- You can order your medication on-line, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, on line requests will not be completed (signed by a GP) until the next working day.
- Our Dispensary is located in the same building as our GP’s which means that any queries can be answered quickly and efficiently.
- If you have a repeat prescription for your medication we can make up your monthly prescription ready for you to collect, by signing up out Managed Repeats Service.
- Should you require an urgent prescription, please contact reception during opening hours. When the surgery is closed please contact 111 or alternitavly an emergency prescription can be issued by any pharmacist (pharmacies do charge for this service).
If Boots Chemist in Settle dispense your medication, we can have your prescription sent up to them, ready for your collection. Please ask at Reception for any more details.
Non-urgent advice: Notice
Timescales for dispensing prescriptions: Currently medication is taking approximatly 5 working days from completion (signed by a GP) to be dispensed for collection. i.e. medication ordered on a Monday will be ready to collect in all locations (Settle, Hellifield, Long Preston Post Office, Clapham Community Store and Austwick Shop) the following Monday. Please be advised that prescriptions can only be collected from Austwick Shop after 4pm in an afternoon