Complaints Procedure

At Townhead Surgery, we constantly strive to give the best possible care and service but sometimes patients may want to raise a complaint or concern.  We take any patient feedback seriously and do refer to these when reviewing services and staff training.

In the first instance our Practice Operations’ Manager Kirsty Kilburn, will be happy to discuss the complaint with you.  If your complaint cannot be resolved at that initial meeting, then further investigations will take place and the relevant clinician/staff/department will be involved.

Please make an approach in writing, via the telephone or by requesting an appointment to see our Practice Operations’ Manager.  Where possible we would prefer for the complaint in writing, so that we have all the facts if a further investigation is required.  If your complaint is in writing, we will respond within 3 days confirming receipt of your initial letter.  Once we have looked into the complaint and carried out any necessary investigations, we will endeavour to reply with an outcome, within 10 working days.  A response may take longer, depending on the nature of the complaint as in some cases, other external services/staff may need to be contacted.

 Complaining on behalf of someone else

If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we would need to have their written permission, to be able to fully investigate the complaint further.  If written permission is not possible, then verbal permission can be given to a Manager or a GP at the Practice.

If you are dissatisfied with the practice response, you can approach:

NHS West Yorkshire ICB – Integrated Care Board

Address: Scorex House, 1 Bolton Road, Bradford.  Bradford



Phone: 07583 102430 / 07866 015382

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman

Tel: 0345 015 4033 Monday – Thurs 8:30am to 5:30pm, Friday 8:30am – 12:00pm.

If you need any support with your complaint, you can get help and advice from:

North Yorkshire NHS Complaints Advocacy Service, Cloverleaf Advocacy, 5th Floor, Empire House, Old Wakefield Road, Dewsbury, WF12 8DJ.


If you wish to raise a complaint concerning NHS Digital’s processing activity, visit our Feedback and Complaints page. You also have the right to raise a concern with the Information commissioner’s Office at any time.

For further information please follow this link: